Rotary Across Wales Walk
Saturday 18 June 2022
The 2022 Rotary Across Wales Walk will be back on the ground…Yay…. and we’re so looking forward to seeing you all again
A walk from Machynlleth to Montgomery, two historic and significant towns.
Wander up and over hills from Wales’ historic capital, Machynlleth, heading east toward the English border at Montgomery. Following a mix of public rights of way, including two of our fantastic National Trails (Glyndwr’s Way and Offa’s Dyke Path) country lanes and the meandering Montgomery Canal. Along the way passing through characterful communities and the settlements of Staylittle, Trefeglwys, Caersws, Newtown and Abermule.
We’ve been busy planning for the event, seeking as ever how best to keep safe our participants, our volunteers and the communities through which we pass.
- Online with www.sientries.co.uk
or post the application form and send with your entrance fee
Please read the event guidance before you enter
- It’s not only for the big people – with a range of distance options to choose from there’s something for everyone, so as far as you like with one of the five distance options:
- Machynlleth – Montgomery 48 miles / 77 km
- Staylittle – Montgomery 31 miles / 50 km
- Caersws – Montgomery 21 miles / 34 km
- Newtown – Montgomery 14 miles / 23 km
- Abermule – Montgomery 9 miles / 14 km
- Rotary Across Wales Walk bespoke finishers medal
- Light refreshments at most checkpoints and finish line
- Three full meals (for full route) – breakfast, lunch and tea
- Water refill stations at each checkpoint
- Experienced medical cover – St Johns
- Individual event number
- Fully signed route
- GPX files for each route option – available from the website
- Transport from the finish to Newtown
- Friendly event team, advice and support
- The Rotary Clubs of Llanidloes, Machynlleth and Newtown join together to organise this very popular Mid Wales Walk for people to enjoy and also to facilitate the raising of charitable funds:
- Donations to the chosen charities, Wales Air Ambulance and The Bronglais Chemo Appeal (net funds raised)
- The three Rotary Clubs raise funds for their own donations to local, national and international good causes.
- The walkers themselves by arranging their own sponsorship
Thank you for bearing with while we stepped back from the real, on the ground Rotary Across Wales Walk.
Stay happy and healthy
We look forward to seeing you in June, as we explore our wonderful new route from Machynlleth to Montgomery.
Organised by the Rotary Clubs of Newtown, Llanidloes and Machynlleth.
Raising funds for local community projects and the annual chosen charity.