Rotary Across Wales Walk
Virtual 2021 18-20 June
This years Rotary Across Wales Walk has gone virtual…. providing a great opportunity to connect at a time when doing so in person is not so easy and is more accessible than ever.
There has been much pondering and days of hopeful dances as we’ve considered how best to keep safe our participants, our volunteers and the communities through which we pass. Although we’d love to see you all, this year we thought we’d do things a little differently and hopefully stir your hearts and stretch your toes for a time when we can meet once again.
Whether you want to wobble across Wales in a weekend, shimmy around the shire or play in the parklands, a variety of distances will entice you to be uber ultra, a marvellous marathoner or a fun time, sun time saunterer.
Why not join us on our virtual weekend as we walk across Wales and support others with Mencap Cymru.
What and when:
• A virtual event from Friday 18 – Sunday 20 June
• Walk or run your way along your chosen virtual distance
• It’s not only for the big people – with a range of distance options to choose from there’s something for everyone, so if you want a reason to escape – either alone or together, tire out the little folk or just get some lovely family time. Distances from 8 – 47 miles
• Why not
• Everyone taking part will receive a medal
• Have explorations with a little focus and challenge
• As far as you like with one of the five distance options: 47 miles/75km; 32 miles /50km; 26 miles; 13 miles; 8 miles
• Simply run or walk your chosen distance, whatever your ability and preference and spread over three days or do it in one hit.
How do I submit my mileage?
• At the end of the event, add up your miles using whatever method you log them – Strava, Endomondo, Garmin etc. (even old fashioned pen & paper) and send them over to us
• You do not need to fundraise but feel free to do so if you wish. All profit from the virtual will go to Mencap Cymru
• As previously, we’ll be on social media, using the RAWW Facebook page where you can share your daily travels and chat with others taking part
• Enter individuals one at a time
• When signing up, please select the distance you want to aim for
• Entry fee £10.00 for adults, £5.00 under 18
• Once you’ve entered please make a BACS payment to:
Account Name: Rotary Club of Newtown Across Wales Walk
Account No: 91443526
Sort Code: 40-34-33
* Please include a ‘payment reference’ of names of those you are paying for, including yourself
* If you’re combining payment for multiple entries just click ‘submit’ below, complete individual entry forms and arrange payment
* If you are unable to pay this way please contact us
Thank you for bearing with us until we can next welcome you to a real, on the ground Rotary Across Wales Walk.
Stay happy and healthy in the meantime
We look forward to seeing you next year, as we explore our wonderful new route from Machynlleth to Montgomery.
Organised by the Rotary Clubs of Newtown, Llanidloes and Machynlleth.
Raising funds for local community projects and the annual chosen charity.